Women & Girls
Our women’s and girl’s programmes offer pathways for those who are just starting out in their football journeys, as well as players who are more experienced. We facilitate FA programmes such as Wildcats, Squad Girls and Claim the Game, as well as having our own girl’s pathway.
This starts with Mini Millers (aged 18 months +), includes our Emerging Talent Programme, and continues right through to our partnership with Rotherham United Women’s F.C. We also run a women’s college programme, and several women’s recreational sessions.
- Mini Millers: Our fun-filled introductory football programme is for children aged 18 months – 5 years of age and is the first step in our football development pathway. These sessions focus on developing motor skills, basic football skills and social skills, whilst linking activities to educational outcomes such as learning colours, numbers, letters and shapes.
- Wildcats, Squad Girls, Claim the Game: These are non-competitive sessions for girls aged between 5 – 11 years, 12 – 14 years and 14+ years. They provide a fun, informal way for girls to get involved with football on a weekly basis.
- Girls Emerging Talent Centre (ETC): The aim of our ETC for girls is to identify and develop potential future players by providing local, accessible, and high-quality training environments. These new centres offer increased playing time and varied football formats, and allow players to play for both an Emerging Talent Centre and a grassroots club. To recommend a female football player aged 9 to 13 please fill out the form by clicking the link below and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rotherham United Women: Rotherham United Community Trust are in proud partnership with Rotherham United Women, who currently play in the East Midlands Women’s Regional Football League. The club welcomes players aged 16+ to their development, reserves or first team. These teams are fed through our partnership with Brinsworth Whitehill Junior Football Club.
- Women’s Recreational Sessions: These commitment-free sessions are for women aged 18+ who wish to turn up to our Parkgate Astro facility to play football for fun, to keep fit and to make new friends. The first 6 sessions are free!
- Female Walking Football: Our female walking football sessions aim to improve physical and mental health through socialising, getting active and offering some healthy competition. These sessions are offered to females over 18 who might be out of practise and looking to get back into the game, or might have never played before. Our coaching staff are on site to facilitate this weekly recreational session at Parkgate Astroturf.