The UEFA Woman’s Euros are coming to Rotherham this summer! If you want to play a part in this amazing event, visit the following link to become a volunteer
In July 2022 the Women’s EURO 2022 is coming to Rotherham with 4 games hosted at New York Stadium. The town centre will come alive with Fan Zones, showcasing a diverse programme of entertainment, music, bands, DJ’s, things for all the family, face painting and football activities.
We have lots of opportunities to be part in one of the biggest sporting events to come to Rotherham.
We are recruiting volunteers carrying out roles within the town centre, fan zones and transport hubs.
Volunteers enhance the matchday experience of major events, providing a different perspective and being able to give a special feel to a normal event day.
- Sunday 10th July 2022, 8pm France v Italy
- Thursday 14th July 2022, 8pm France v Belgium
- Monday 18th July 2022, 8pm Iceland v France
- Saturday 23rd July 2022, 8pm Quarter Final Stage
Please note all volunteers must be available to work for all 4 games
Roles will include the following:
- Assist spectators located within fan zones
- Wayfinding, helping visitors to familiarise themselves with their location and navigate their way to the fan zone, refreshments and to the Stadium etc. situated at transport hubs around Rotherham Town Centre
- Assist with the fan parades from the town centre to the stadium
- Assist visitors navigate from the stadium back to transport hubs/car parks for a safe journey home.
- Check you are eligible – Applicants must be 18 years of age by 1st May 2022 to be able to volunteer. Applicants must also have the Right to Work and Volunteer in the United Kingdom. You must be able to travel to your selected venue/s through your own means, as we are not able to provide travel expenses.
- Complete a short application form – Volunteering – Rotherham Town Centre
- Recruitment closes Monday 9th May 2022, at 9am.
- Recruitment Day – Weekday/Weekend
- All volunteers will receive an Adidas UEFA Women’s EURO 2022 uniform which they can wear with pride throughout the tournament and keep as a memento afterwards.
- Training will be a combination of online and face to face training which will take place shortly before the tournament. We will ensure all volunteers have the necessary information to perform their role through general and specific training.
- Volunteer shifts are expected to be around 8 hours, with food and refreshments provided.
We would ask that you help to promote these opportunities within your organisation/team
For more information, please email Bethany.email@example.com
Due to partnership working information of volunteers will be shared with 3rd party organisations, if you do not wish for this to happen, please email Bethany.firstname.lastname@example.org or check the box on application