At Rotherham United Community Trust we aim to provide a range of activities to benefit everyone, regardless of gender, age or experience.
Our fun and engaging sessions focus on increasing physical activity whilst promoting the importance of mental health, inclusion and socialisation.
- Bat & Chat: This session provides an opportunity to socialise whilst having a game of Table Tennis at the New York Stadium, using our facilities and equipment. Just turn up and play, anybody can join in.
- Fit Millers Continuation: (PLEASE NOTE – This programme is taking a break, keep an eye out for updates) We offer a variety of sessions for individuals who’ve completed our Fit Millers programme. These activities aim to encourage people to maintain their newfound healthy lifestyle. From circuit training to 5-a-side football, we offer different sessions to suit all.
- Women’s Recreational Football: This women’s only session is for those looking to get back into football or try a new hobby through a slower paced version of the game, which benefits both physical and mental health.
- Mixed Fitness Sessions: These high intensity sessions involve circuit activities designed to improve fitness and body composition. They are adaptable to people of different ages, abilities and genders.
- Tai Chi: This externally led session uses a combination of deep breathing and relaxation with flowing movements of gentle exercises to create harmony between the mind and body. Many benefits include reducing stress and improving posture, balance and general mobility, as well as increasing muscular strength in the legs.